Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

What do I pack?!!

Plane tickets purchased, visas on their way and a court date scheduled. One week from this moment we will be Russia bound. Just when we were accepting that court would not happen until after the holidays the call finally came. It wasn't what I had expected though. Our social worker was discouraged and told me she had disappointing news to share. We did get a court date, but it was impossible to get there in time so we would have to request a new date in January. The judge wants 20 new documents that simply cannot be gathered in time. Disappointed, yes, but not surprised given the adoption roller coaster we have been on for the past two years. Then, I thought just maybe I should try. So, it probably was impossible, but God is bigger than anything and maybe He wants to make it happen. Well, it sure seems like He wants it because the impossible now looks like no big deal.

We are so exhausted and this week is going to be long and difficult, but we are filled with joy and so thankful that we get to hold our daughter soon! Its the best Christmas present ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment