With belly full and a new found sense of safety, this little girl is learning to be a kid. She is exploring her toes for the first time, learning what it means to be tickled and messaged. Everything big brother does, Elena does too. She is experiencing family for the first time and she is thriving!
Braden loves having an instant playmate. We are completely touched by the compassionate and caring heart within him. He gets so sad when she sleeps because he just misses her so much and can't wait for her to wake up. We have been concerned that he would be feel left out, jealous and bitter with so much change so Justin decided to take him on a speacial date last night. His response, he was sad that his sister wasn't coming and so he invited us all to join them. Family date night! I might be biased, but I am pretty sure that Elena got the best big brother in the world!
When we remember what little time we have had together we are overwhelmed by her progress. We know we have much still to do. Bonding is improving, but she still will go to any stranger she sees. She still does not know the difference between Mama and Dadda and any other random person. Why would she? She has had so many different people caring for her that she has learned survival. Her top priority is to get her needs met by anyone and everyone. Food is love so for awhile Justin and I will be the ones to feed her, change her diapers and confort her. In time we hope and pray she will discover what is special about HER family and HER Mama And Dadda. This, we know will take time. We have been surprised though that sometimes it feels difficult for us to bond with her. I guess I though she would instantly feel like my daughter, but that is not always the case. I know we are making great progress though and I know this time of transition will soon be behind us. We are so thankful the for encouraging words and understanding ears of those families who have experienced the emotions of adoption. We are so blessed to have all of your prayers and love. At the end of the day, we look in the crib at our sleeping daughter and remember what God has done to bring her home and we know she is finally where she was made to be.

how wonderful! Yea! I hope the attachment comes soon. I have heard it can take some time. So happy you are home and together!
ReplyDelete